Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 03, 2007

black-tie belly

We had our black-tie gala fundraiser last night, so the belly had to get dressed up. I was all ready to accessorize my little black dress with black thigh-highs (the only pantyhose that fit right now) and black satin slingbacks, and then it was a million degrees.

Normally, the weather wouldn't be an issue, but the dinner portion of the event was in a tent. Outside. In the heat. Fortunately, we were inside until about 8:30pm, so it cooled off a bit. But, check the thermometer over my shoulder as I was leaving the house at 3:45pm.
Yeah, it's pushing 100. It was about 500% humidity too.

So I said screw pantyhose and kept my sandals on.

The evening went well. I sat down a lot and drank my water and cranberry/seltzer/lime drinks (which sort of look alcoholic, but aren't). But it was a long night. I'm tired.

No comments: