Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 17, 2007

all is well

Had a quickie doctor's appointment this morning. The results of my glucose test and blood count from last time were fine. (Phew. I celebrated with an apple turnover. Oink.)

I weighed in at 157lbs (up 2lbs from last time, which was 3 weeks ago). I seem to be sticking to the 5lbs-a-month program.

Blood pressure was 120 over 68.

I asked the doctor whether he could tell which end is up right now. Based on the amount of activity (kicking?) in my lower left quadrant, I'm guessing that's the butt and the head is up near the right side of my ribcage. He said it could be that way or the opposite (head down and butt up); he couldn't tell yet. The belly's measuring right on, heartbeat sounded good, and the baby's probably 3.5 to 4lbs now (normal). So we're still on track.

I asked under what circumstances he would schedule a c-section. (I'm not looking for one; I was just curious.) He said that in most cases he wouldn't, but if the baby was breach, undersized or oversized, it would be a consideration.

Pat asked about my flakiness, which has gotten worse in the past week or so. I'm blatantly saying "left" when I mean "right". I'm thinking the right thing, but then the wrong word comes out (very confidently, I might add). I don't remember things. I've come to accept this ridiculousness and chalk it up to pregnant brain. The doctor agreed (said that the extra progesterone in my system can cause mental cloudiness) and assured Pat that unless I forget my name, I'm fine.

No comments: