Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

the final countdown

So we had our regularly scheduled doctor's appointment today. Despite the unholy amount of Halloween candy I've been eating, I managed to not gain any weight in the past week. Blood pressure was 110 over 72.

The doctor also checked my cervix. After explaining again (see last week) that being dilated doesn't mean anything about when you're going to deliver, he changed his tune when he discovered I was 3-4 centimeters dilated. (For those unversed in the ways of pregnancy, your cervix dilates to 10 centimeters before pushing. Sometimes women show up in labor at the hospital and aren't as dilated as I am.)

"Have you had any contractions?"

"Um, no. Just some Braxton Hicks, but nothing painful."

The good news is that I'm partly there already, which (hopefully) means that my labor will be quick. The bad news is my labor could be quick. Like, "oh, crap, get to the hospital NOW" quick.

Then Pat and I felt our heads explode as he said, "If you don't have the baby in the next several days, we could schedule you for induction next week."

We're thinking about it.

And I'm moving up my last day at work to this Friday. Hopefully I'll at least make it to the weekend, and -- fingers-crossed -- sometime next week.

No comments: