Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 26, 2007

27 weeks

As promised, here is this morning's photo.
I had a meeting at a bank (hence the whole shirt-with-collar thing). This is about as corporate as I get these days. Especially when it's 88 degrees out. (I pulled my shirt down over the belly for the meeting.)

In other news, we got our crib. I had called Babies R Us to ask about the crib we wanted a few weeks ago. I was told it was "on back order at the warehouse", but they took my name (first name only) and phone number and told me they'd call when they were in stock. Of course, this didn't help much. When might the cribs come in? Would I have to have it specially delivered from the warehouse to my house? Or could I go into the store and bring it home that day? These are things that Jens want to know.

So on a whim, I called them again tonight and asked if they had it in stock. They had two. (Don't bother asking why they never called.) So I put one on hold and we hightailed it over there.

Here it is: the elusive Babi Italia Pinehurst Tea Stain Dropside Crib.
It fit perfectly in the back of the Highlander, along with the crib mattress that we snagged on sale. Now, we just have to put it together. (Insert evil laughter here.)

Dropside cribs are ridiculously difficult to find these days. It seems like 90% of the cribs available have fixed sides and convert into 15 different types of beds. I think this one technically is 3-in-1, but it doesn't convert into a full-size bed like the others do. My child will sleep in a twin bed and like it!

No comments: