Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

31 1/2 weeks

Well, it's definitely bigger this week.I'm getting the third trimester sluggishness. I've almost given up on picking things up off the floor; I'm probably only stooping over to pick them up about 20% of the time (Pat's been kind enough to handle the rest). Getting up from a seated position requires a good deal of effort. I don't need a forklift yet, but I'm thinking about it.

In decorating news, we've got our crib bedding (Baby Gap's "Forest Friends") washed and on the crib. Of course I don't have real pictures of it yet ('cause I'm lazy), but here are a few to give you an idea:We've got the quilt, bumper and skirt (not the sheet). Somehow, I couldn't pass up the bedding set that had a skunk on it...

This morning, we hit the local unfinished furniture store and picked out a rocking chair. We spent about 20 minutes test-driving all of the options, and decided on a beech English rocker (which looks like this). The seat's a good size and height, the arm rests are well positioned, and the back is high enough to rest your head (which will come in handy in the middle of the night). We opted to have them finish it for us in an "antique cherry" stain; I think it will be close to the color of our crib. Normally, I'd be all about staining it ourselves, but we have a few things going on and getting up to my elbows in oil-based stain probably isn't such a good idea.

We had toyed with the idea of getting a glider, but figured that it wouldn't stay in the baby's room forever, and we'd probably get more use out of a plain old rocking chair.

No comments: