Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 30, 2007

moving in the right direction

I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Weighed in at 160 (up 3lbs from three weeks ago). Blood pressure was 112 over 68. I had some sugar in my urine, but the doc wasn't concerned, as my glucose test results a few weeks ago were fine. (It may have had something to do with the enormous glass of orange juice I had with breakfast.)

Still measuring well. Doc says the baby's head is down, so that's good. Even though I watched (and felt him) determine this, I still can't find the baby's head myself. He said there's still a chance the baby can flip, but things are getting tight in there.

I've had a few dizzy spells (lightheadedness, usually when I've been walking around a lot, like at the mall on Saturday). He said those were likely caused by a combination of dehydration and my low blood pressure. Told me to keep drinking lots of water. I've been really good about doing that during the week; I just have to be more vigilant on the weekends, I guess.

I also asked about Braxton-Hicks contractions. I think I've had a few in the past couple of days, but I wasn't sure. I've been sitting at my desk when I've noticed that my belly's gotten hard for 30 seconds or so. It's not painful or particularly uncomfortable. It's just been a "hmph, that's odd" thing. He said that's likely what I felt, and that they can centralize in different parts of the belly too. If I feel more than 4-5 in an hour, I should call him.

The baby's heartbeat was particularly loud this morning, probably because of the Alien-chest-burster-esque movements that preceded the doppler reading. Between that and the "let's tickle mommy in the side of her ribs" game that we like to play, we're having an awful lot of fun in there lately.

No comments: