Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 03, 2007

almost 33 weeks

Taken this afternoon:As you might expect, it's getting more and more difficult to get out of bed. I'm up going to the bathroom about three or four times a night now. And between tossing the body pillow out of the way, and actually getting myself out of bed, it's turning into a bit of a production. I'm still sleeping relatively soundly between trips, so that's good.

By late afternoon, my lower back hurts. Coupled with that foot jammed in my ribcage about 30% of the time, finding a comfortable position to sit can be tricky. I've been favoring the comfy chair over the couch (I'm happier when upright), and have the ottoman stacked with pillows, so I can elevate my feet. I haven't had any noticeable ankle swelling, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Oh, my appetite came back this week. I don't know if it's because the baby's dropping lower and making room for my stomach, but I'm definitely eating more. It's not quite on par with the first trimester eating, but it's getting there. I'm starting to wonder whether my appetite will go back to normal after I deliver. I'm sure it'll tone down a bit, but if I stay anywhere near this pace, I could develop the largest Christmas cookie butt ever.

I haven't been totally unproductive while sitting around lately. I've been knitting -- I'm almost done with my second baby sweater. The first one was a hooded poncho. This one's a cardigan (no buttons, just open in front). We'll see if I get around to making a matching hat.

This is a busy baby-prep week. We've got two classes: Breastfeeding tomorrow night, and then everyone's favorite "All Day Labor and Delivery" on Sunday. (Woo! 6 1/2 hours in the hospital basement!) We're also meeting with our (likely) pediatrician and checking out their group practice Thursday night.

I'm glad it's a short work week.

No comments: