Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 03, 2007

quit your belly-achin'

I don't know if it's the hot weather or the fact that I started my third trimester this week (perhaps it's this enormous baby that's pushing out my stomach....), but I've been having some aches and pains. Nothing too constant, but besides the dull achy lower back stuff, my hip has been acting up again (in the back, near my spine), my tailbone's been sore, and I had a real "ow" moment yesterday when the muscle that crosses my pelvis got angry that I stood up too fast.

I know this is probably just the beginning, and it's entirely expected given where I am in my pregnancy, but it's still surprising to be reading about "what happens in your 28th week" and then have it actually happen on schedule. (Note to baby: Dont' t let that comment deter you, I do appreciate punctuality.)

Let's see. What else has been going on with me?

For the most part I'm sticking to the up-twice-a-night-to-pee routine, but otherwise am sleeping well (and am quite comatose in the morning).

My hair is crazy thick (though I'm beginning to worry that half of it will fall out after I have the baby).

My nails are strong and growing fast.

My sinuses are less productive than they've been.

Not too much heartburn as of late. I'm eating less than before (still more than before I was pregnant). My digestive system seems to have straightened itself out.

I'm getting pimples again (not appreciating that).

I've had some stretch marks go away already; others are just darker on some days and lighter on others. All are reddish purple. Pretty. They look especially nice with all of the blue veins.

I'm pretty much only wearing skirts or dresses (thereby avoiding any thigh-binding issues, a.k.a. "oh my god, my pants won't fit over my thighs") and sandals or flip-flops. I've also grown out of several maternity tops (mostly size smalls). I'm not sure how I'll be handling the wardrobe transition when the weather cools off. I'm also using Dr. Bronner's in the shower and dousing myself with Gold Bond when I get out. More mentholation, please.

We're doing our big cross-New York State drive next week. Hopefully we won't have to stop at every rest stop on the way. But at least I know how far apart they are. You know, just in case.

No comments: