Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 24, 2007

dropping anchor

Had a doctor's appointment this morning. Just a quick belly check. I'm at 165lbs. Blood pressure was 122 over 72. Belly measured well, and the heartbeat sounded good.

I told the doc that I thought I might have dropped over the weekend. He said it's about the right time for that to happen, so I probably did. But it doesn't mean anything as far as timeframe for delivery -- "some women drop a few weeks out, some women don't drop until they're in labor." What it does mean is that the baby fits in my pelvis, which is a good sign in general.

I'm on the weekly appointment plan now, so next Tuesday I'll have my Strep B test. Since this'll be my first internal exam in several months, he'll probably also take a look at my cervix and see what it's doing. (Hopefully nothing, for now.)

We finished up our last prenatal class yesterday. "Caring for You and Your Infant" We had a good instructor (who was 9 weeks pregnant with twins, and looked about the same size as me at 9 weeks) who was entertaining and kept things moving quickly through the 4-hour class. There were about 15 pregnant ladies, most with their partners. No one too interesting. The boys prevailed in the gender breakdown of the babies -- though there were more "we're waiting to find out" couples than we've had in other classes. So who knows.

No comments: