Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 06, 2007

mid-week update

We had a good class on Tuesday night. There were about 20 people there (maybe 12 pregnant ladies and some husbands and sisters). I was the second least pregnant one there; though, you wouldn't have been able to tell by looking at us. But, oh my god, there was a girl sitting across the aisle from me who I thought was carrying twins (Pat said she looked 14 months pregnant); and when we went around the room for introductions, she said she was due with one -- ten days before me. She had a barrel belly that went all the way up to her chest. Holy crap, it was big.

Anyway, this class was far better than the first aid class. The instructor had a very dry sense of humor, and seemed to know her stuff. She had fun debunking some of the breastfeeding myths that we may have heard -- like "you should toughen up your nipples with Brillo pads". EEEEE! Who thought that was a good idea? I hadn't heard that one before, and I think Pat nearly fell out of his chair squirming.

We had fun playing with our plastic babies (though it's hard to hold them in the right place around a pregnant belly) and watching her demonstrate what to do with the stuffed breast toy that she had, but it was a long evening. Class started at 6:30 and ran until 8:55pm. I was ready to pass out when I got home.

Yesterday and today I've had some lower belly muscle pain. I don't think this means anything other than my belly's big -- the muscle that supports the weight of the protruding belly is sore when I stand up from a seated position. If they didn't seem so ridiculous, I might look into getting one of those supportive belly belts.

We're meeting the pediatrician tonight. At 7:30. The practice hosts a prospective parent night once a month, so we'll be going to check things out. (By the way, who schedules these late evening things for women in their third trimester. Really, folks. I'm usually done waddling around by that point in the evening.)

No comments: