Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

the OB report

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I'm 168lbs. Blood pressure was 120 over 68.

How did I gain three pounds in a week? Volume, volume, volume. Yeah, I'm back to my old ways of jamming my face full of food. My face is reaching Campbell's Soup proportions.

Belly checked out fine. Measurements and heartbeat were all good. Had the Strep B test, which took like two seconds and was not intrusive at all.

We're due for an internal exam next week, so the doc will check my cervix then. It won't really give us any information about when I'll deliver, because even if I am effaced or dilated, who knows how long it'll take to progress. But it does give them a baseline reading, so when I do show up at the hospital in labor, they'll know how far I've come.

This week, I finally broke down and started taking the elevator to my office (which is on the third floor). I still walk down the stairs, though. I'm getting around pretty good, all things considered.

Work has been somewhat insane. Besides all of the normal craziness, my pregnant coworker is now on two weeks' medical leave for vertigo, and there's not really a solid plan for covering my work while I'm completely out of commission (on full leave) for three months. While this doesn't make me feel particularly good about being away, there's only so much I can do at this point. They've got me for nine more days.

No comments: